I’m thrilled to pieces! My asparagus is up, seemingly thriving and this year, YES THIS YEAR!!, is the year I can start to harvest it. Woot Woot!
Ive been getting a couple of stalks a day. I pick them morning and night because they grow so fast. Like inches in a couple of hours. So cool!
Last night we ate our first bunch. I cooked them, barely but I needn’t have because they are delish raw too. I’m so grateful! Nature is my Main Mama.
Veggie, Sausage and Prawn Skillet
- A good glug of oil
- 1 smoked sausage
- 340 g prawns
- 2 zucchini, cut up any way you damn well please
- A couple of peppers, prepared the same as above
- 2 handfuls of sugar snap peas
- 1 small bunch of home grown, garden fresh asparagus-if you must buy store bought I am deeply sorry for your loss.
- onions, garlic as you wish.
- red hot chili flakes to taste, Cajun spice, salt and pepper, oregano, whatever the hell else you’d like. This isn’t a real recipe.
I browned the sausage in the oil, then added the zukes and spices. I like my zukes with a bit of colour of them. Next I added the snap peas and then the peppers. Lastly I added the asparagus and steamed them with the lid on for maybe 30 sec.
If I hadn’t been an ass and forgotten about the onion and garlic, I would have cooked it first before the sausage, but I was so excited about my bounty that I actually forgot. Who does such a thing? In my defense I didn’t notice their absence much probably because we burnt our mouths off with the large volume of chili flakes I gleefully tossed in. Next time though…next time!